INTEGRAL IN EVERY DECISION
Velvet Energy Ltd. is committed to safeguarding human health and the environment in all of its operations and endeavours. In support of this commitment, Velvet has integrated the following objectives into the decisions affecting company operations:
- An HSE Management System that emphasizes the identification and management of risks created by our activities.
- Plans, practices and procedures that will ensure our compliance with the regulations that apply to our operations.
- Applying industry best practices to allow us to minimize our footprint on the land and the environment.
- The ongoing development of stakeholder relationships, built on trust and respect, through community engagement and stakeholder involvement.
- Prompt and effective response to emergencies and incidents to minimize the impact on our workers, the public and the environment.
- Reviewing HSE incidents to develop measures necessary to prevent their reoccurrence.
- Monitoring and assessing HSE performance to take the steps needed to improve the management of our operations.
- Ensuring that field operating personnel have the required knowledge to apply this policy through continuous learning, training and improvement throughout the life of the project.
- Ensuring that the resources necessary to support this policy are provided.
We expect excellence in health, safety and environmental performance through the support and active participation of all management, employees and contractors working for Velvet. All those engaged in work for Velvet are aware of this policy and are expected to be committed to its implementation.
ESTMA Payments to Government
Velvet Energy Ltd. is required to report annually under the Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act (“ESTMA”) enacted by the Government of Canada, beginning with the year ended December 31, 2016.
Velvet’s 2016 and 2017 ESTMA Reports can be viewed from the links below.
Payments reported in the ESTMA Report reflect gross payments made directly by Velvet Energy, including payments made in the capacity of operator on behalf of partners. Payments made by an operator on behalf of Velvet Energy and its subsidiaries are not included.